2006-02-18

Walk The Line!



Well, released last November, it just arrived this week, to the little village I live, so tonight I went to the movies.


Forced by the omnipresent obligation, in the film making industry, of producing only commercially successful movies, this one axes a little too much, to my taste, on romance.


The Legend, was not built only on that!


Hopefully, the movie is rescued by the superb performances of Joaquin Phoenix (perfect on Johnny Cash's gestures) and Reese Witherspoon.


Especially for her I'd say that, the amazing cheerfulness emerging out of her acting, is of the kind that can resurrect the dead! During the whole movie, her face is a source of optimism! Hats Off, my lady!


I'm sure the real June Carter had that charisma, too. Don't forget, she managed to keep in peace an otherwise sad man for all those long years! And the fact that he disappeared some months only after her passing, just supports this point of view.


However, I expected to see in the movie, more of Cash's pro life, more of his musical achievments, more of his relations with other musicians. And I don't get the point of telling the Cash story just till '68! Except if there will be a II.


As a bottom line, this movie just Walks the Line!


P.S. Find more about the movie in the Walk the Line official web site. Or watch the trailer at Apple's movie trailer box. And give your opinion about, in the comments field, below.


P.S.2 I liked the appearance of Shooter Jennings, playing his father Waylon.


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home