2006-03-21

Blogger robots, are you Nuts?

I was working on Blogger's panel, cleaning up the mess in a little blog of mine called Disneyland - Paris when all of a sudden… boom!


The Blogger robots came in action and judged my movements being suspiciously suspicious! And they banned me! Just like this!

It is not the first time. Some other of my blogs have been granted the same award in the past. The Greek Adventure last January, has being a victim of their zeal. I asked for an inspection and a few days later, things went back in order. Then came the Phivos' News turn to be suspected as a SPAM blog! But where the robots proved their real wisdom and superiority is when they hit Αθηναίοι του Πλανήτη. I could never imagine they understand greek!

What is funny is that, when you are banned, Technorati stops scanning your blog, not even accept pings from you! How do they do it?

Well here I am, once again in the blacklist! All I can do now is turn my thumbs waiting for the guys to unlock me out! Nice shot Blogger!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me?? Honestly this is the first time I heard of this happening...but on the other hand I don't use blogger..in fact I detest blogger.. did they tell you the reasons? What kind of activity they are talking about?? WEIRD

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I follow this since then. Officially is to keep out other robots of massively posting Spam on Blogger. I've noticed that the simple fact of linking many times the same server, regardless of the final page, triggers the alarm. And some other details.

I can understand the need to preserve Blogger from Spam, I can much less understand, how a huge software house like Google cannot manage some better algorithms for their mad dogs!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, it just arrived the mail from Blogger Support. They say, they let me out of prison! Wow! Fresh air again!

On the other hand, the "whitelisting" as they call this, is for life!

I should be grateful!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol yeaeh send them flowers :P morons.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How annoying. Blogger has to figure out more effective ways to deal with blog spam without creating headaches like this one. Not good.

I wonder if they should charge a small fee for setting up a blog? Even $1 may be enough to make spammers move on.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home